This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #IceCreamHero #CollectiveBias
With summer winding down and the advent of school upon us, I’m looking for ways to be the hero around my home. It is still OH SO HOT in North Texas and my family is constantly looking in the freezer for treats to cool off with. Last week when I was with my daughter at Albertsons stocking up, I picked up a couple of containers of DREYER’S Frozen Custard in both Old Fashioned Vanilla and Chocolate Malt flavors. I used the Old Fashioned Vanilla to make a Grasshopper Frozen Custard Cake. It’s pretty easy to put together, there are even a few short cuts you can use if you don’t have time to completely make it from scratch. While the family enjoyed eating the Chocolate Malt straight up, when I served this frozen custard cake I was definitely the hero with every scoop! I had to promise them I’d make it again while they ate the last of the slices 🙂
Now it’s time to find out how to make this dessert with a taste and texture of pure joy found only in the rich,extra thick creaminess of NEW DREYER’S Frozen Custard!
- 8 slices of chocolate loaf cake
- ¼ cup Irish cream-flavored coffee creamer
- 4 cups of Nestle DREYER's Old Fashioned Vanilla Frozen Custard, softened
- Mint chocolate candy pieces, grated and chopped
- Place 4 of the slices of chocolate cake onto the bottom of an 8x8 inch square pan.
- Brush the cake pieces with the coffee creamer.
- Cover the top of the cake pieces with 2 cups of the frozen custard, spreading it out as you are able, working quickly so the ice cream doesn't melt.
- Place the remaining chocolate cake on top and then repeat the frozen custard layer.
- Place in freezer and freeze for at least four hours.
- Cut 8 pieces, garnish with grated and chopped Crème de Menthe pieces. Serve immediately.
You can use store bought chocolate loaf or pound cake instead of making your own, or you can even use brownies. For a twist on this recipe use the Chocolate Malt frozen custard flavor and then add some chopped up chocolate malt candy for garnish instead of the mint chocolates.Interested in trying NEW DREYER’S Frozen Custard for yourself? Then click the link and search for the $1.00 off 1 DREYER’S Branded Product 32 –48 oz offer to save: http://www.coupons.com/?CID=18855085I’m looking forward to trying some of the great looking recipes that are on DREYER’S Pinterest and Facebook pages. Check them out and let me know which one you’d like to try first!