I don’t know about you but my oven is working overtime this holiday season! I’m using the baking pans faster than I can wash them! Over the years I’ve picked up some tips and tricks from various sources to streamline my holiday baking and cooking, but I’m always open to new ways to use ingredients and prepare dishes.
This year Fisher Nuts is teaming up with Food Network Chef Alex Guarnaschelli, a regular judge on Chopped, to make your holiday cooking a bit easier and she offers up some simple twists for cooking with nuts during the holidays.
We want to share a recipe that we made for the holidays with Fisher Walnut products.
These moist, chocolaty cookies have a hint of coffee flavor, and are perfect for the chocolate and nut lover.
Chocolate Walnut Brownie Cookies
Makes 2 dozen
1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. salt
2 cups milk chocolate chips
1/2 cup butter
3/4 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
2 tsp. vanilla extract
1 tsp. instant coffee granules
1 cup Fisher Walnuts
1/2 cup white chocolate chips
• Preheat oven to 350° F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper. Mix flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt together and set aside.
• Melt 1 cup of the milk chocolate chips and the butter together. Combine with the sugars, and cool for about 5 minutes.
• Into the chocolate-butter mixture, add the eggs, vanilla and coffee. Combine the batter with the flour mixture and stir until thoroughly mixed. Add an additional 1 cup of milk chocolate chip and the walnuts to the dough.
• Drop by 2 teaspoonfuls with 2″ of space onto the cookie sheet. Bake for 12 minutes. Cookies will be soft, that’s how they are supposed to be. Cool on the sheet on a rack for 5 minutes, and then remove from the pan directly to a rack to cool completely.
• Microwave the white chocolate chips until smooth. Drizzle the cookies in a pattern, or spoon onto the edge of the cookie and immediately sprinkle with edible holiday decorations or sugars. Let stand until set.
I am working with Fisher to share Chef Alex Guarnaschelli’s recipes and create my own recipe using Fisher Nuts and tools they provided. However, my opinions are entirely my own and I have not been paid to publish positive comments. Published by Tammy Litke.