Cold and flu season are here, and I’m so busy I can’t afford to get sick. I’m sure you feel the same way. And while I’m sure you have your own reasons why you just can’t be ill, I thought you might get a laugh out of some of the ones that I was sent in an e-mail:
- Being sick throws off that diet you just re-started on Monday, since we all know the best comfort food is fourteen slices of chocolate cake!
- A mom laying in bed is a magnet for dogs that need walking, kids that need feeding and a husband who doesn’t know where you keep the kids pj’s.
- Sick days aren’t for YOUR sick days — they’re only for when the kids get sick!
- Your husband can’t even use the microwave, never mind cook dinner!
- Kids (and spouses) don’t get the phrase “mommy is sick”.
- You really think someone is going to bring you orange juice, or chicken noodle soup in bed??
- The mess you find when you get out of bed will make you sicker!
- If you get sick, the whole house gets sick — even the dog (I swear they do it on purpose).
- You have to host a sleepover with 15 girls for your daughter’s birthday next week.
- And, of course, who’s going to write your blog? (Or enter giveaways for you as it might be?!)
Seriously, I can’t let my blog go on the fritz, otherwise I’d lose my readers and I wouldn’t get all these neat giveaways for you all to enter.
At the beginning of the month, I was able to try a natural immune system booster derived from Japanese shitake mushrooms called AHCC (Active Hexose Correlated Compound). It’s clinically proven to give mom’s immune system a boost and boost the power of the flu shot (which I get each year!). And you know it’s 100% safe- AHCC has been used without any issues in over 50 human studies and is the number one selling supplement in Japan!
You can learn more about AHCC by clicking on this video about “How AHCC Works”.
Want a chance to win your own “boost box” which includes a bottle of AHCC?
Well, then just leave a comment below letting me know what happens in your home when you get sick. You can enter daily.
Open to US residents ages 18+, ends December 30, 2010 at 11:59 PM CST. E-mail must be submitted when entering, or in the comment body. Winner will have 48 hours to respond or a new winner will be chosen. By entering this giveaway you are stating that you have read my **Privacy/Rules statements and agree to them.
Disclosure of Material Connection: I wrote this feature on behalf of AHCC and was supplied with a sample and information through them, the review and opinions are my own.
dsq.src = ‘http://ssblog.disqus.com/embed.js’;
(document.getElementsByTagName(‘head’) || document.getElementsByTagName(‘body’)).appendChild(dsq);