Gift Guide Pick
Remember folding paper into a hand-held fortune teller, paper airplane or secret note square? Whether a fortune teller novice or a seasoned paper-folding expert, the new book World’s Best Origami (ISBN: 9781615640539, Alpha Books, November 2010, $19.95) challenges readers with more than 100 of the most unique and best-loved origami patterns ever created.
Professional origami artist, Nick Robinson, guides readers through the process of folding paper. Projects are rated from beginner to advanced and include everything from the traditional swan and poppy box to truly amazing pieces such as a geodetic tower and a jet plane! Each diagram is clearly displayed with easy-to-understand folding instructions for a perfect outcome every time.
The book teaches readers how to:
– Choose the best paper for the project
– Make basic folds and perfect creases
– Follow clear and simple folding instructions for a successful project outcome
– Gain an understanding of origami symbols
About the Author: Nick Robinson (London, England, UK) is a professional origami artist and author who has been folding paper for 30 years. A member of the British Origami Society who edits its magazine and maintains its website, Nick has written over 30 books on origami, as well as numerous articles, and done several commercial and charitable origami commissions involving origami and paper art over the last 20 years. Nick has created several hundred original designs and teaches origami in schools, arts centers, and many other venues.
One (1) lucky reader will have a chance to win a copy of the World’s Best Origami book.
To enter the giveaway simply comment below who you would like to win this book for.
For extra entries you can:
1) Follow me publicly on Google Friend Connect. 1 extra entry.
2) Follow me on my other blog Play That Now publicly via Google Friend Connect. 1 extra entry.
3) Follow Penguin Group on Twitter @penguinusa and tweet this giveaway. The easiest way to do that is to just press the retweet button below. You can do this for 1 extra entry daily. Please leave a link to your tweet in the comments.
tweetmeme_style = ‘compact’;
4) LIKE my Facebook Page. 1 extra entry.
5) LIKE Penguin Group on Facebook: Penguin Group (USA). 1 extra entry
6) Leave a relevant comment on any non-giveaway post. It must be a new comment, previous comments are ineligible. In other words the day you make the comment is the day you claim the extra entries. 2 extra entries per comment.
Open to US & Canadian residents ages 18+, ends December 9, 2010 at 11:59 PM CST. E-mail must be submitted when entering, or in the comment body. Winner will have 48 hours to respond or a new winner will be chosen. By entering this giveaway you are stating that you have read my **Privacy/Rules statements and agree to them.
dsq.src = ‘http://ssblog.disqus.com/embed.js’;
(document.getElementsByTagName(‘head’) || document.getElementsByTagName(‘body’)).appendChild(dsq);
Disqus. blog comments powered by Disqus