There’s nothing more welcoming than to walk into a home and have it smell like fresh baking. It doesn’t just #TemptYourSenses but it also is comforting. It’s a well known tip to bake often when your home is on the market, as the scent seems to make potential buyers more easily feel like the home could be theirs.
It’s a good thing then that I received a couple of Renuzit Tempting Indulgences in the mail to use at home, because we are currently trying to sell it! With scents like Crème Brulee and Chocolate Covered Cherries lingering in my home, I hope it reminds those that have walked through how wonderful it is, and they’ll put an offer in to purchase it!
I warn you though, having these at home may make you hungry! As part of a #CBias opportunity I was tasked to create a dessert based on one of the new Renuzit air fresheners, particularly the Chocolate Covered Cherries fragrance. I took a shopping trip to Walmart to find them, but as of yet ours isn’t carrying them. I did find a.lot. of other Renuzit fragrances though, from ‘simple’ vanilla to a more exotic Melon and Star Fruit.
To see my entire shopping trip click the photo below to see my Google+ story.
The slogan for Renuzit Tempting Indulgences air freshener is “Make Every Day Sweeter”, and my husband would agree that chocolate makes every day sweeter, and I love sweet popcorn….so why not make some Chocolate Covered Cherry Popcorn?!
Chocolate Covered Cherry Popcorn
6 cups of popped popcorn (about 1 microwave bag)
2 cups of mini marshmallows
3 tbs margarine (split in half)
1 package of Cherry Vanilla Flavor Duncan Hines Frosting Creations
1/2 a package Vanilla CandiQuick
1/2 a package Chocolate CandiQuick
• Put popped popcorn in a large bowl.
• On low heat melt 1 1/2 tbs of margarine. Add marshmallows, cherry vanilla flavoring, and vanilla CandiQuick, and stir until all ingredients are completely mixed together and has a consistency that is stretchy.
• Pour the mixture over the popcorn and stir until the popcorn is completely covered. You need to work quickly as the CandiQuick will start to harden.
• Spread out on wax, parchment or aluminum foil, to let set about 30 minutes. The put it back in the bowl.
• Melt the remaining margarine and chocolate CandiQuick, and pour it over the ‘cherry’ popcorn and stir until it’s all mixed up. Again spread it out on a cookie sheet lined with wax, parchment or aluminum foil and then put it in the fridge for a minimum of 20 minutes.
• Once the coated popcorn is set (it will remain a little sticky because of the marshmallows), break it up and put it into air tight containers.
I am a member of the Collective Bias™ Social Fabric® Community. This shop has been compensated as part of a social shopper insights study for Collective Bias™ and Renuzit #CBias #SocialFabric. All opinions are my own.