MasterChef Junior gives the best junior home cooks in America the chance to showcase their culinary abilities and passion for food through a series of delicious challenges. Host and award-winning chef Gordon Ramsay is joined by restaurateur Joe Bastianich and acclaimed chef Graham Elliot on the MasterChef Junior judging panel.
Each week, the eight to 13-year-old contestants will be coached and encouraged by the celebrated food experts as they compete in exciting challenges. In the end, one talented kid will be named America’s newest MasterChef Junior, receiving a $100,000 prize and the coveted MasterChef Junior trophy.
Are you and your family just as excited as I am that the second season of MasterChef Junior is just around the corner? Last year the debut season introduced America to small chefs with big talent and proved that age really is no barrier in the quest for culinary brilliance. With the second season premier on November 4th, I’m delighted to give you a taste of the MasterChef Junior experience in your own home!
I love popcorn and I often have a bowl of it popped up and ready for munching on while watching TV. So I was delighted when I got a package from the MasterChef Junior team to create some delicious gourmet popcorn, the perfect treat to enjoy while watching the new season of MasterChef Junior.
• 1/2 cup popcorn kernels • Large, heavy-bottom pot with a cover
• 1/4 cup cooking oil (such as vegetable • Oven mitts
or grapeseed) • Popcorn Bags or Serving Bowl
For Topping: • Serving Spoon
• 4 tbsp melted butter
• 1 tsp salt
• 1/3 cup sugar
• 2 tsp cinnamon
• Add peanuts, dried cranberries, and chocolate chips if desired.
1. Cover the bottom of a large pot with a light coating of cooking oil
2. Place 4 kernels in pan. When they pop, your oil is hot. Add enough popcorn to cover the bottom of the pan.
3. Lower the heat, shake the pan to spread kernels, and cover.
4. When the popping begins to slow, remove the pan from the heat.
5. In a separate bowl, mix 4 topping ingredients
6. Add the cinnamon sugar mixture to the popcorn pot and toss lightly.
7. Transfer popcorn to serving bowl or individual bags. Enjoy!
Recipe provided to me by MasterChef Junior.
TUNE IN THIS FALL TO MASTERCHEF JUNIOR! PREMIERES TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 4 AT 8/7C ON FOX.
And check out the Fox Shop for more great MasterChef gear. Fox.com/masterchef-junior
Thanks to the MasterChef Junior crew I’m giving away a popcorn package to one of my readers, which includes the items in the picture below and more!
This giveaway is only open to U.S. residents ages 18+. No PO Boxes. By entering this giveaway you are stating that you have read and agree to the Privacy Statement and Giveaway Rules posted on our site. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW. Giveaway ends on November 5, 2014 at 7:00 AM CST.