Star Wars: The Force Awakens is available to own NOW on Digital HD and Movies Anywhere. It comes home on Blu-ray Combo Pack and DVD on April 5.
Including new in-depth bonus offering fans the chance to experience more.
So even though we saw Star Wars: The Force Awakens in the theaters twice… we were eagerly anticipating being able to own it on DVD to watch again and again, but also because of the entire bonus disc of extras it offers. Thanks to WDSHE for sending me a copy for the purpose of this review so that I could share about it with you.
Bonuses on the disc include “Secrets of The Force Awakens: A Cinematic Journey,” “The Story Awakens: The Table Read,” “Building BB-8,” “Crafting Creatures,” “Blueprint of a Battle: The Snow Fight,” “John Williams: The Seventh Symphony” and what we were most excited to see, deleted scenes.
Every fan-geek of Star Wars is going to want to watch the bonus disc first, before watching the movie again (No? Just us?!). With so many interesting and amazing talents shown; from hearing the actors take on reading the script for the first time to understanding how John Williams put together an absolutely perfect score to heighten the story with. You’ll watch the movie with a new appreciation after seeing the incredible amount of work that went into handing the baton from the original Star Wars dream team to a new generation of rebels.
The creatures and characters in The Force Awakens are pretty amazing we see some familiar faces and some new ones and the bonus disc gives you everything you need to know about them, including how they got Maz Kanata to look so life like.
Disney did an incredible job on this Star Wars movie and we’ll just have to play this one on repeat until the next one is released in 2017!
Bonus features include*:
- Secrets of The Force Awakens: A Cinematic Journey – For the first time, discover the complete story behind the making of The Force Awakens, revealed through in-depth footage and exclusive interviews with the actors and filmmakers in this feature documentary.
- The Story Awakens: The Table Read – Cast members familiar and new reflect on the memorable day they all first came together to read the movie’s script.
- Building BB-8 – See how the filmmakers brought the newest droid to the screen, creating an instant fan favorite in the Star Wars universe.
- Crafting Creatures – Watch movie magic as the filmmakers bring a cast of new creatures to life.
- Blueprint of a Battle: The Snow Fight – Go deeper into the epic, climactic lightsaber battle between Rey and Kylo Ren.
- John Williams: The Seventh Symphony – The legendary composer shares personal insights of his work on Star Wars and The Force Awakens.
- ILM: The Visual Magic of The Force – An insider’s look into the remarkable digital artistry of the movie’s visual effects.
- Force For Change – Heroes come in all shapes and sizes. See how the Star Wars: Force for Change initiative has united Star Wars fans all over the globe to help others.
- Plus Deleted Scenes
To celebrate the Digital HD release of Star Wars: The Force Awakens we have a special crafts and recipes as well as 2 special clips to share with you from the bonus features that focus on Rey and Finn.
Star Wars: The Force Awakens saw the eagerly anticipated reteaming of original Star Wars stars Harrison Ford, Carrie Fisher, and Mark Hamill, along with Anthony Daniels, the only actor to have been in all seven Star Wars films, and Peter Mayhew. The returning cast was joined by newcomer Daisy Ridley, who beat out fierce competition to take the principal role of Rey; BAFTA Rising Star Award winner John Boyega (Attack the Block, Imperial Dreams) as reluctant stormtrooper Finn; Emmy® nominee Adam Driver (Lincoln, Girls) as the villainous Kylo Ren, and Golden Globe® winner Oscar Isaac (Inside Llewyn Davis, The Bourne Legacy) as Resistance pilot Poe Dameron.