One of the things I’ve noticed when going through my blog analytics is that you all love Slow Cooker recipes. I had a few on the back burner that I have been wanting to make and they came out really well. So, I’m going to share them with you!
Today’s is one with just a bit of peeling & chopping prep. It makes a huge batch of soup that your family will want seconds of on a cold winter night.
Slow Cooker Cheesy Potato Chowder
2 1/2 pounds of yellow potatoes, peeled and cubed into bite-size pieces
2 shallots, diced finely
4 tbsp fresh ginger, diced finely
6 cups chicken broth
1 cup heavy whipping cream
3 cups shredded cheddar cheese
2 tbsp flour
1 tbsp lemon juice
1. Place the potatoes, shallots, ginger and chicken broth in the slow cooker. Cover and cook on high for 2 to 3 hours or on low for 4 to 5 hours. Potatoes should be tender when done.
2. In a bowl toss the cheese with the flour, set aside.
3. Add the cream and lemon juice to the soup. Then fold in the grated cheese. Cover and continue cooking for 20 more minutes.
4. Season to taste if you feel additional salt or pepper (or other spices) are needed.
5. Spoon into bowls and garnish with croutons.