The temperatures have once again skyrocketed here in North Texas. And we’re doing everything we can to cool down. With a few trips on the horizon next month, I’m trying to not eat too many calories these days as I know I’m going to blow the calorie counts when I’m traveling.
Did you know what the average 8 oz milkshake has in terms of calories? 256. Yikes! But I love them.
Too many for me right now! So I decided to make skinny milkshakes for an afternoon treat the other day. And they were pretty good, if I do say so myself.
- 1 cup low fat instant dried milk
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 cup fat free milk (liquid)
- 3 cups ice cubes
- *optional - 1 tsp vanilla
- Pour liquid milk (and vanilla if you are adding it) into the blender and then add the sugar and instant milk. Blend for about 10 seconds.
- Add the ice and blend in 30 second increments until it is a slushy like consistency.
- Serve immediately
6 thoughts on “Skinny Milkshakes – Only 50 Calories!!”
Sounds like a guiltless snack for sure. I am a huge milkshake fan, so I will have to try this out!!!
I have a diet coke with my candy bar to cut the calories!
I love milkshakes but avoid them because of the calories… this makes me very happy! 🙂
That's definitely a guilt-free treat!
I love milkshakes but not the calories. I'll have to try your skinny milkshake recipe.
I'm going to mix almond milk with it. 🙂