Have you ever needed a quick eyeglass replacement? Or have you broken your favorite pair and need to repair them urgently? If that is the case, you don’t need to worry anymore because most optometrists like Overnight glasses, Grand Vision, Americas Best, etc., offer same-day prescription glasses replacement or repair. You can quickly get a new pair of eyeglasses that not only looks good on you but can also be perfect for your everyday wear.
How Much Time You May Need to Get Your New Eyeglasses?
When your eyeglasses become damaged, broken, or even lost, you may not like to wait several days to be able to see clearly. Sometimes, you can repair your eyeglass at home, but it isn’t usually advisable and in the end, you will have to go for professional help. It may take a few hours for you to get a new pair, but sometimes your prescription glasses may not be available for several days. The amount of time that is required for you to receive your new pair depends on the following factors:
- Having a nearby purchase location can be very beneficial as you can get your eyeglasses delivered within the same day.
- Sometimes the frame that you like may not be available and may take more than a day or two to be delivered.
- If your eyeglass prescription is a complicated one, it may take longer for your lenses to get ready.
- If you are modifying your lenses to be scratch-resistant or anti-glare, you will have to wait a bit more for them to be delivered.
Can you get the same-day service online for eyeglass replacement?
Yes, you can undoubtedly get an eyeglass replacement online. Some reliable companies like Warby Parker, Zenni Optical, and Overnight glasses aim to provide customers with speedy service online. You can quickly get a new pair of glasses with the same prescription online the very next day. Also, you can modify your lenses by coating the lens with an anti-glare, tinted, or blue light blocking layer. When ordering emergency glasses online, there are a few quick steps to follow.
How to order emergency glasses online?
Before ordering prescription glasses, you need to follow some instructions, which are listed below:
- First of all, you need to choose a frame and style that suits you according to the company’s sizing guide.
- Next, calculate your pupillary distance with the help of instructions, or put in your current prescription.
- After that, choose a suitable product package from the wide variety available.
- Next, review your order and make sure that all the information you have entered is correct.
- Then, if you want your order to be delivered the next day, you may have to pay extra to receive your glasses quickly.
- Next off, decide whether you want to pay using a credit card or your account.
- Before long, you will receive your prescription glasses in no more than a period of twenty-four hours, if you have selected emergency services, or within two to four days with standard shipping.
Can broken glasses be repaired within the same day?
All of us eyeglass wearers break our glasses at some point. No matter how careful you have been with your favorite pair, something or the other happens, which results in broken eyewear. Maybe you have already experienced accidents where you slipped on a smooth surface and broke your spectacles, or maybe you have encountered a situation where your younger sibling snapped your eyeglasses by mistake. Whatever may have been the reason, it is certainly possible for you to get your glasses repaired within the next twenty-four hours.
It is always a smart move to be prepared beforehand and keep an extra pair available. When your current pair has an accident and breaks, you can substitute your extra pair so that you don’t have to go without eyewear for the next few days. However, you may not have a backup pair at times and need to repair your prescription eyeglasses immediately. If only a screw has come off your frame, you may not even need to go to a specialist. Anybody around you dealing with eyeglasses or even you can fix it in no time. In other cases, where the arm has broken off and the screw is attached, you may need to go to a specialist to get a new frame.
Sometimes, the damage is much more severe and calls for instant replacement. For example, if the rim in the middle of your frame breaks, it may be repaired if it is any metal other than titanium. In most cases, you need a replacement as the broken frame cannot be fixed.
You might have used super glue to repair your frames once or twice. However, it is inadvisable to do so as the warranty of your eyeglasses becomes revoked. Other than that, the super glue may also adhere to the wrong areas and jam the moveable parts resulting in worsening the damage and prolonging the period within which it can be repaired. Thus, the condition of your frame depends on how much time it may take to repair. If the condition is worse, it may take two to three days, but in case of minor damage, you may get your spectacles repaired within the same day.