Not really a place most people would go to on their honeymoon, but you know we’re geeks, so Ripley’s Believe It or Not! Museum was on our list of things to see and do in Orlando on ours. I have great memories of the strange, weird, fantastic and unbelievable attractions they house in that upside down building.
Ripley’s Believe It or Not! newest book is ‘Enter If You Dare‘ highlighting strange stories from around the globe.
A coffee table book that is sure to draw attention, it’s filled with a mind-boggling array of incredible and bizarre facts, stories, interviews and features.
New showcases in this book include “Ripley’s Revealed” features that give a behind-the-scenes look at subjects such as fire-eating and swordswallowing (don’t try that at home!).
Some of the fascinating tidbits in the book are:
- A Chinese Hairdresser who used human hair to create a sculpture of President Obama.
- A man whose skull after being partially removed, grew back!
- The family that has three generations of Leap Year Babies, the odds of that are 3,118,535,181 to 1 !! (I’m hoping that they go out and buy a lottery ticket, and stay away from tall objects during lightning storms!).
The book is fun to read, and will keep you and your family entertained for hours on end. So let me leave you with this. Something I think the cruise ships I go on should implement on their pool decks!
I’ve got a copy of Ripley’s Believe It Or Not! Enter If You Dare to giveaway to one of my lucky readers!
To enter leave a comment letting me know who you know that would enjoy this book most. You can enter daily.
For extra entries you can:
- Follow @threedifferent and tweet about this giveaway, can be done once per day
- For two extra entries become a public follower of Play That Now (my new blog dedicated to home entertainment)
- For two extra entries subscribe to the e-mail feed of Play That Now
Open to US Residents ages 18+, ends September 7, 2010 at 11:59 PM CST. Winner will be notified by email and have 48 hours to respond or a new winner will be chosen. By entering this giveaway you are stating that you have read my **Privacy/Rules statements and agree to them.
“I received no compensation for posting this information. Affiliate links are used in this post.”
var idcomments_post_id = ‘174’
var idcomments_post_url = ‘http://www.threedifferentdirections.com/blog/new-ripleys-believe-it-or-not-book-giveaway.html’;