Gift Guide Pick
When you live in a small city, going to a bigger one and getting to experience adventures that aren’t available to you can be exciting. So every year when our local Girl Scout council takes a few bus loads of young ladies to the Mall of America, it isn’t uncommon to see a bunch of Build-A-Bear Workshop boxes being loaded back on the bus when going home.
Our annual trip took place a couple of weeks ago and we had a couple of the girls hang out at Build-A-Bear Santa’s Workshop and video tape their visit to make some stuffed toys.
So with gift cards in hand, and their moms busy shopping elsewhere, these girls were on a mission to create a couple of plushies worthy of one of their favorite movies ‘Star Wars’.
The girls had a fun time. There were so many choices for them to choose from. One made a dog decked out to resemble Han Solo – and the other made a Jedi bear. The Han Solo joined the ‘Darth Teddy’ we had made last year.
Build-A-Bear Workshop caters to kids of all tastes. So along with the Star Wars themed outfits and sounds, they have outfits and bears for the latest pop stars, sports teams and of course the special holiday plushies like Frosty, Rudolph and all their friends.
After finishing and dressing their new stuffed toys, the girls sat down at the computers and named them, which allowed them to pick up their plushies birth certificate to mark the occasion of their creation. There is a really cute animated scene that plays upon the screen above the computers for everyone in the store to see what kind of toy was made, and what the child named it!
For under $30 the girls managed to pick out a stuffed toy, and dress it in an outfit, but even better, they created not just a plushie but a memory to last a lifetime.
Here are some Beary Newsworthy items to take note of this holiday season:
* There are over 400 Workshop stores worldwide! Go to buildabear.com or call (toll free) 1-877-789-BEAR for a store near you.
* Get a jump on holiday shopping! Make a personalized stuffed animal for everyone on your list. Or check out their Quick Gifts To Go – animals that are stuffed, dressed, packaged and ready for gifing!
Mark Your Calendar
* Until November 24th when you spend $30 or more, you get a FREE stocking (while quantities last). That also includes a virtual stocking at Buildabearville.com.
* November 25th – Thanksgiving Day specials ONLY at buildabear.com
* November 26-28 – Black Friday Weekend offer in stores & online
* November 29 CyBEAR Monday deals ONLY at buildabear.com
Build-A-Bear Workshop is offering one of you a $25 gift card to help with your Christmas shopping.
To enter the giveaway visit Build-A-Bear and let us know what you would buy with the gift card if you won! You can enter daily.
YOU MUST LEAVE YOUR E-MAIL IN THE COMMENT OR IN THE E-MAIL FIELD WHEN YOU POST YOUR COMMENT (ONLY I CAN SEE THAT). I CAN’T LET YOU KNOW YOU WON, IF YOU DON’T LEAVE A WAY FOR ME TO CONTACT YOU!
For extra entries you can:
1. Follow me publicly via Google Friend Connect. 1 extra entry.
2. Follow Build-A-Bear on Twitter and tweet this giveaway. The easiest way to retweet is to just click the green button below! 1 extra entry for tweeting daily. Please leave a link to your tweet in the comments.
tweetmeme_style = ‘compact’;
3. Like Build-A-Bear on Facebook. 1 extra entry. Please leave your Facebook ID.
4. Like Three Different Directions on Facebook. 1 extra entry. Please leave your Facebook ID.
5. Leave a relevant comment on any non-giveaway post. It must be a new comment, previous comments are not eligible. In other words, the day you leave the comment is the day you collect the extra entries. 2 extra entries per comment.
Open to US & Canadian residents ages 18+, ends December 4, 2010 at 11:59 PM CST. E-mail must be submitted when entering, or in the comment body. Winner will have 48 hours to respond or a new winner will be chosen. By entering this giveaway you are stating that you have read my **Privacy/Rules statements and agree to them.
Disclosure of Material Connection: I wrote this post on behalf of Build-A-Bear and was supplied with a gift card and information through them, the review and opinions are my own.
dsq.src = ‘http://ssblog.disqus.com/embed.js’;
(document.getElementsByTagName(‘head’) || document.getElementsByTagName(‘body’)).appendChild(dsq);
Disqus. blog comments powered by Disqus