I received a media PDF sample copy of Cocktail Chameleon for the purpose of this post.
With the holiday season here I’m doing a lot of reminiscing. As a young child, I remember my parents having holiday parties and entertaining friends. They would serve punch that I wasn’t allowed drink. SAY WHAT?! But now I realize why it was a favorite drink of the grown ups in attendance.. the alcohol 😉
I want MY holiday parties to stand out too – and so I’m armed and ready with Cocktail Chameleon by Mark Addison this holiday season.
Cocktail Chameleon is award-winning designer and producer Mark Addison’s invitation to join him as he dresses up twelve cocktails in twelve unique variations resulting in 144 signature takes on the classics. Mark tantalizes with molecular mixology to create the Anti-Gravity, reinvents the beloved Bloody Mary with sake, and invokes the famed royal rose garden with the Versailles. Inspiring the creative mixologist in everyone, this beautiful book will become an instant hit with hosts looking to elevate an occasion and entertain in style!
These unique and beautiful cocktails will become your very own creative outlet for entertaining. The book is divided into themed chapters based on 12 traditional cocktails.
• The Bloody Mary
• The Margarita
• The Champagne Cocktail
• The Martini
• The Old Fashioned
• The Collins
• The Punch
• The Cooler
• The Manhattan
• The Sangria
• The Beer Cocktail
• The Coffee Cocktail
And of course in light of my childhood memories I had to make at least one of the punch recipes when reviewing this title for you. I chose the Baked Apple Punch. Can I just say how awesome this one is?! Well because it is! I asked the publisher if I could share the recipe with you, and was given the a-okay – so here it is and I hope you make it for a holiday party this season because your guests won’t be disappointed with this one.
- 4 c. apple cider, or unfiltered apple juice
- 4 whole cloves
- 3 cinnamon sticks
- 2 star anise pods
- 1 vanilla bean, split lengthwise and scraped
- ½ c. light brown sugar
- 2 c. vodka
- Apple-Pie-Spiced Sugar (recipe below)
- 1 lemon wedge
- Apple Pie-Spiced Sugar
- 4 Tbsp. superfine sugar,
- Tbsp. ground cinnamon,
- /2 tsp. ground nutmeg,
- /2 tsp. allspice
- /4 tsp. ground cloves
- In a small bowl, mix together all the ingredients. Store in an airtight container.
- In the saucepan, combine the cider, cloves, cinnamon, star anise, vanilla (pod and seeds) and brown sugar and bring to a boil.
- Remove from heat and steep until cooled.
- Strain into the glass pitcher, add vodka and refrigerate until completely cold.
- Before serving, spread a thin layer of the spiced sugar on the small plate.
- Coat the rims of each glass with the juice from the lemon wedge and roll in the sugar.Pour 6 oz. of the chilled cocktail into each prepared glass and garnish with an apple ring and a cinnamon stick.
Cocktail Chameleon is the perfect gift for someone who enjoys a sophisticated and unique adult beverage experience. It’s also a fabulous gift to bring along for the host of a holiday party.
Signed copies of Cocktail Chameleon are available online for $50 at http://markaddison.com/cocktailchameleon/.