What are the Benefits of the best free desktop recorder
Whether you are starting a business or trying to maximize your team’s efficiency, screen recording software has become an integral part of several businesses. It is always possible to have a face-to-face meeting with the client or show them a product demonstration, especially if they are overseas. The best screen recorder can help to ease out plenty of business processes.
However, using such software is not without its risk. Considering today’s digital world, guarding personal information and ensuring your files’ protection has become a necessity.
While picking the best desktop recorder to fit your business needs, don’t forget to pay additional attention to security features you get.
In this post, we’ll discuss the top 7 desktop capture programs along with their benefits and disadvantages. Read on for the best list of safe screen recorders for your business.
The market is hugely adopting screen recording software. Be it a customer support team, bloggers, system admins, developers, tutors, mentors or other professionals; everyone is making the most out of the software’s benefits. The direct services are as follows:
- It explains anything more comprehensively than simple infographics or text.
- Clarifies concepts with audio/ visual instructions.
- Helps resolve customer issues quickly, resulting in more trust among them.
7 best desktop recording software
Movavi Screen Recorder
Besides being one of the most intuitive screen recorders with a flat learning curve, Movavi is also safe to use when downloaded from its official website. Neither does the site contain harmful software, nor does the installation files.
Even if you decide to go for a paid version after using the free trial, your purchase will be safe because their payment procedure encrypts all your sensitive data. You will find a Norton Secured Seal on Movavi Store.
- Offers scheduled recordings
- Highly secure for business procedures
- Lightweight tool
- Captures HD quality videos at 60fps
- Screencasts can include webcam input & mic and system sounds
- Takes webpage screenshots with free Movavi ScreenShot extension
- Records sound from the mic or computer, separately or simultaneously (save for video)
- Directly uploads video outputs to YouTube or Google Drive
- Multiple export options
- Basic video editing
- Limited recording time per video on trial version (5 minutes)
If your team frequently needs visual instructions for things like a product demonstration, Snagit would be a safe option to go for. They have a free trial version that you can run across multiple OS devices. TechSmith’s screen recording software is perfect for short screencasts, tech support, quick feedback and process documentation.
The app gives you an easy-to-use toolbar that lets you toggle between external and internal audio while recording. This software also comes with a unique feature called StepTool, which saves ample time while creating workflows or step-by-step guides.
- GDPR Compliant to protect customer data
- StepTool for quick instructions
- Instantly shares output content to platforms like Google Drive, DropBox, Twitter, YouTube, Gmail and more.
- Transforms your remote communication
- Takes scrolling screenshots
- Converts short clips to GIF
- Adds annotations to screengrabs for a professional look.
- You can also share output on Slack.
- Setting defaults is slightly complex
- Keeping track of video control captures can be tricky when using on multiple screens.
Want to record creative videos out of your screen captures? Screencast-O-Matic can be a helpful tool in that case. Users can access a wide range of audio and video editing options making it a perfect fit for tutorials, narrated or How-to videos.
This web-based free screen recorder limits you to make videos that are not more than 15 minutes in length, but you can create as many clips as you like in the free version. Also, the software ensures file backups with AES-265 encryption. It also allows you to customize the privacy settings on the searchability of your uploaded content.
- Saves output locally as well as on Cloud or Youtube.
- 30 royalty-free soundtracks to add to the recording
- Zooms when recording
- Caption support
- Password-protected videos
- GDPR Compliant
- Video length limit and watermark
- Cannot caption from text-to-speech
Loom makes screen recording effortless. It is a free and a quick to install program which is available across multiple platforms. It allows fast recording with or without webcam overlaps. There are sufficient reasons as to why this screen recording software is extensively used by several companies worldwide.
The app’s ability to trim and add a call to action or custom thumbnails to the videos for better outreach is one of them. Loom is also perfect if you want to view quick feedback from viewers, enabled by the Rich Reactions feature. Its Custom Access setting allows you to customize file viewing settings which are great for privacy and security.
- Access Control section lets you use search engine indexing
- Allows users to password protect video files
- Quick installation
- You can defend copyrighted content with DMCA requests
- Instant sharing
- Few have faced occasional crashes due to internet failure
- It needs a chrome extension
You can now establish safe & effective communication with your remote team – thanks to CloudApp’s free screen capturing tool. It is available across iOS, Mac, Chrome and Windows. Quick recording and sharing are vital, irrespective of your business type, and CloudApp has your back.
You can quit taking uploading time into account because this tool autosaves your content to the Cloud and clipboard. The app allows users to go beyond still images and record HD videos from the screen for efficient communication.
- Allows both video and audio recording
- Quick reach outs with annotations on your recorded image or clips
- Secure sharing from Cloud uploads
- Weekly updates on security protocols
- Incorporates webcam
- Single sign-on via Google, OneLogin, 2FA or Okta
- Customizable privacy settings like choosing the time of expiration for your link
- Time limit
Droplr helps you create recordings and screen captures almost instantly, and similarly autosaves results on Cloud (link to share). You can take HD videos which can be converted to Gif’s, with system or webcam clips. It is compatible with multiple OS platforms.
Thanks to Illustrator, Sketch and Photoshop’s integrations, this software’s editor allows users to create highly professional video content.
- Enterprise-level security (GDPR compliance, SSO, SSL encryptions, custom branding and custom domain)
- Advanced editing integrations
- Quick recording and sharing
- Customizable drop settings
- Setting up SSL is slightly challenging
- No crop tool
This Blueberry software records your screen, sounds and webcam without any time limit on recordings or watermark stamps on output clips. It allows screen captures across multiple computer monitors, as well as scheduled recordings.
In this version of the software (paid version is called FlashBack Pro), users can save recorded videos in formats like WMV, AVI or MP4.
- It has a strict security policy to prevent misuse and loss of files and sensitive information.
- Direct shares to YouTube
- Cursor highlights
- Record on your schedule
- Ad-free with no watermark or time limitation
- It doesn’t allow webcam recording separately
- Limited export options
Always aim to know the app’s security procedures, irrespective of whether you’re using it for personal or professional needs. Our recommended screen capturing software list doesn’t just do the job but also keeps your data and file secure.