What do you get the person that has everything? Or perhaps you have a person on your list that you would like to honor, but vehemently tells you they don’t want a gift. Those are just the type of people that are perfect to give Gifts That Give Back. The World Vision Gift Catalog allows you to honor your recipient but also to share the true spirit of Christmas with a child in need!
The catalog offers more than 100 poverty-fighting gifts starting at $16, that can be purchased in anyone’s name. Each of the 35 pages in the catalog overflows with gifts, stories and inspiring photos.
“The global economic crisis and food shortages are pushing millions deeper into poverty, I know that people are feeling strapped, but for as little as $25 someone can donate a pair of chickens to a family. Those chickens, as they lay eggs, grow and multiply can change generations of lives in a community. There are plenty of other choices in the World Vision Gift Catalog that are both inexpensive and tremendously powerful in impact.” – Devin Hermanson, World Vision Gift Catalog National Director
Since the World Vision Gift Catalog was first introduced in 1996, new gifts have been introduced each year. Its popularity as a gift-giving alternative has grown substantially with more than 100,000 purchases made last year. Goats remain the most popular item – over 50,000 goats were given to families around the world.
Give a Gift, Change a Life.
World Vision is providing a handcrafted Thai bracelet (actual product received, may look different than what is pictured, World Vision retains the right to substitute it for a different design) for one of my blog readers, as a thank you for considering the World Vision Catalog as a gift giving opportunity this year, and sharing about it with others.
To enter the giveaway visit the World Vision Catalog and let me know a gift you would consider and whose name you would give it in. You can enter daily.
Please make sure you enter your email address when posting your comment or in your comment itself. I can’t contact you to let you know if you’ve won, if you don’t include it!
For extra entries you can:
* Subscribe to Three Different Directions’ RSS Feed. 1 extra entry.
* Follow Me on Twitter and Tweet this giveaway. You can do this daily for 1 extra entry, please leave a link to your tweet in the comments.
* Like Three Different Directions on Facebook. 1 extra entry. Please leave your Facebook ID.
* Blog about this giveaway, linking back to this post. 4 extra entries. Please leave the url where I can find the post.
* Leave a relevant comment on any non-giveaway post. It must be a new comment, previous comments are not eligible, in other words the day you make the comment is the day you claim the extra entries. 5 extra entries.
* Become a public follower of my other blog Play That Now. 1 extra entry.
* Enter my Mahjong Journey Nintendo DS giveaway on Play That Now. 2 extra entries.
* Enter my Hannah Montana DVD giveaway on Play That Now. 2 extra entries.
Open to US residents ages 18+, ends November 18, 2010 at 11:59 PM CST. E-mail must be submitted when entering, or in the comment body. Winner will have 48 hours to respond or a new winner will be chosen. By entering this giveaway you are stating that you have read my **Privacy/Rules statements and agree to them.
dsq.src = ‘http://ssblog.disqus.com/embed.js’;
(document.getElementsByTagName(‘head’) || document.getElementsByTagName(‘body’)).appendChild(dsq);
Disqus. blog comments powered by Disqus