I had a number of New Years Resolutions on my list this year.
1) Maintaining my weight (so far so good)
2) Drinking more water (doing really well, using the Britta Water app on my iTouch, I’m keeping track and am getting a B grade with my water intake!)
3) Purging unused, unwanted and unnecessary stuff in my home.
So the third item is really what I want to talk about in this post. Purging. And what I’m going to do about it. Starting today.
Ideally I’d like to clean and organize and PURGE stuff from one room in my home each month. And this month I’m planning to tackle my living room. Hopefully it won’t take me more than two weeks, since I realize the month is already half over!
1) Find a place for our games, which currently are under our coffee table, along with some of my knitting stuff, and random other things that get tossed there.
2) Pare down the knick knacks, and only keep the most special (probably my candles and candle topper collection) so the shelving on our cabinets don’t look so cluttered.
3) Get rid of the DVDs and CDs and Video Games that we know we’re not going to watch and play again. (I ordered some awesome DVD storage bins from CSN Stores yesterday, I’m hoping that they allow us to keep our collection neat and accessible).
4) Take down the pictures that are cluttering up the shelves and put them in albums, so I don’t have so much “stuff” out.
I’m hoping actually that I can get that all accomplished in a week. I’m going to work on it for a few hours today and hopefully put a good dent into that list!
Is one of your goals for this year to live with unnecessary things and de-clutter & organize? If so share in the comments with what you’re doing to achieve that, or if you’ve blogged about it, link up your post in the comments so I can visit you .
dsq.src = ‘http://ssblog.disqus.com/embed.js’;
(document.getElementsByTagName(‘head’) || document.getElementsByTagName(‘body’)).appendChild(dsq);