It’s that time of the year when apple and pumpkin flavored foods are everywhere. It’s a season of taste that I love! And YoCrunch has your favorite pie flavors as yogurt. Apple Pie Parfait and Pumpkin Pie Parfait (which is new this year).
Our daughter ate an Apple Pie Parfait yogurt cup for breakfast one morning and said “Mom, this tastes just like Apple Pie!” Ah, the deliciousness of apple pie in a portion controlled 4 oz cup with far less calories than a piece of a real pie 😉
And that got me thinking…how about making a pie with the Pumpkin Pie Parfait yogurt? And so that’s just what I did!
- 1 graham cracker pie crust
- 6 4oz cups of YoCrunch Pumpkin Pie Parfait Yogurt
- 1 14oz can of sweetened condensed milk
- 2 eggs
- Preheat oven to 325° F.
- Setting the lid toppings aside combine 4 of the 4oz yogurt cups, the sweetened condensed milk and the eggs in a bowl until they are thoroughly mixed. Pour into pie crust.
- Bake pie for 50 - 60 minutes. The filling should be firm but still 'jiggly' at the center. The edges will be starting to brown and may split some. Use a toothpick in the center, and if it comes out clean the pie is done. Cool completely.
- Just before serving, with the lid topping set aside, stir the other 2 cups of yogurt so all the goodness of the pumpkin is mixed in and spread over the top of the pie. Garnish the top with all the topping from the 6 lids.
If you like you can serve it without the yogurt on top at the end. I thought it made a nice tangy twist to the traditional favorite of pumpkin pie though. If the whole pie isn’t going to be eaten at once, you may want to just dollop each piece with the yogurt before serving, as once it’s sitting for any length of time the yogurt may go watery on the top of the pie. It’s a fairly easy recipe too and a great way to involve your kids in the kitchen.