I saw in the local grocery store flyer that next week pineapples are going to be on sale, a sure time that summer is on its way! While I love pineapple on pizza, in fruit salad and just cut up to snack on, when I saw this recipe for Pineapple Sangria I knew that fresh pineapple was going to be on my shopping list!
- 3 cups pineapple juice
- 1 bottle Santa Margherita Pinot Grigio Alto Adige
- 1 ripe pineapple, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 cup seltzer
- 1 bunch fresh mint, roughly chopped
- 1 cup assorted berries
- In a pitcher, combine the assorted berries, mint, wine, juice and seltzer with ice and stir
- Pour into individual glasses and garnish with pineapple chunk
I’m always looking for new ways to make Sangria. This will be a great recipe on the first day of spring!