Your home ought to be as thoroughly clean using a non-toxic cleaner as it is by using chemical cleaners. By thoroughly clean, I mean being able to disinfect the surfaces in your home that not only have dust, dirt and unpleasant smells, but those that harbor germs too. Many people for many reasons prefer not to use chemical cleaners to achieve those results, whether it be for allergic reactions, child or pet safety, or just to be more eco-friendly. One way to accomplish this task is by using Method Antibac products. Method Antibac kill germs without using bleach and/or triclosan, but use botanical ingredients instead.
- Method Antibac includes three botanical cleaners:
- antibacterial kitchen cleaning spray in lemon verbena
- antibacterial bathroom cleaning spray in spearmint
- all purpose cleaning and disinfecting wipes in lemon verbena
- The bathroom spray is optimized to target soap scum and hard water stains while the kitchen cleaner is designed to cut through grease and grime. Both of these products are effective at killing 99.99% of household germs on hard, non-porous surfaces throughout any room in the home. Method has partnered with CleanWell to integrate its thyme-based disinfecting technology into their antibacterial cleaners.
I found the bathroom cleaner to be effective on the soap scum in our shower. I sprayed it on and left it for about five minutes. I came back and with very little scrubbing effort was able to remove all the dirt that was on the shower walls, floors and glass door. But to be completely honest it was the spearmint scent that won me over. This is hands down, one of the best smelling cleaners I have ever used.
Method Antibac sells for a retail price of $3.99 and is available at national retailers like Target, Lowe’s, Bed Bath & Beyond and Whole Foods as well as at many local grocery and drug stores.
For more about Method or to view detailed ingredient listings on their products, visit: http://www.methodhome.com/
For complete transparency on their sustainability practices, manufacturing process and more, visit: http://www.methodhome.com/behind-the-bottle
There will be an #ecowed Twitter party on November 11th from 10p-11p EST, facilitated by Jennifer Taggart @thesmartmama. Method will be giving away prizes and be on the Twitter party to answer questions and they would love your support and attendance.
One reader will receive a Method Fight the Flu Kit which includes: Method Hand Sanitizer, Method Antibac Bathroom Cleaner and some fun stickers!
To enter the giveaway visit Method’s website and tell me something you learned or another product that they make that you would like to use in your home (besides the ones mentioned in this post). You can enter daily.
For extra entries you can:
1. Follow @methodtweet on Twitter & Tweet this giveaway. 1 extra entry daily. Please leave a link to your tweet in the comments.
2. Like Method on Facebook.
3. Like Me on Facebook.
4. Subscribe to my RSS Feed.
5. Follow Publicly via GFC.
6. Follow my blog Play That Now publicly via GFC.
7. Enter my It’s a Meaningful Life DVD giveaway over on Play That Now.
8. Post a relevant comment on any non-giveaway post. It must be a new comment, previous comments are not eligible. In other words the day you leave the comment is the day you get the extra entries. 2 extra entries per comment. Let me know what post you left the comment on.
Open to US residents ages 18+, ends November 22, 2010 at 11:59 PM CST. E-mail must be submitted when entering, or in the comment body. Winner will have 48 hours to respond or a new winner will be chosen. By entering this giveaway you are stating that you have read my **Privacy/Rules statements and agree to them.
Disclosure of Material Connection: I wrote this post as part of a blog campaign by Method Home and was supplied with samples and information through them, the review and opinions are my own.
dsq.src = ‘http://ssblog.disqus.com/embed.js’;
(document.getElementsByTagName(‘head’) || document.getElementsByTagName(‘body’)).appendChild(dsq);
Disqus. blog comments powered by Disqus