This post is part of a social shopper marketing insight campaign with Weave Made Media®, and Hillshire Farm®, but all my opinions are my own. #weavemade #HillshireNaturals http://my-disclosur.es/RgFrEHI am really excited to share that all the running and exercise I’ve been doing the past few months is finally paying off. It’s tough to lose weight when your 40+ and you’d rather eat than run 😉 I have found it a challenge to make lunches that are satisfying, have the nutrients I need, cut the calories I’ve been consuming and are tasty. In my fridge, that’s a tall order to fill!
We have a Tom Thumb just one mile from our home, so when I need to pick up just a few grocery items I’ll speed-walk over there to get what I need and some exercise as a bonus. I did that just recently when looking for some new ideas for weekday lunches. In an effort to add more protein, vegetables and healthy fats to our meals and reduce the carbs, I decided to buy ingredients to make some Ham Salad Wraps.
Before I left home I checked the Tom Thumb Just4U online portal to see if I could save some money on my purchases. Sure enough there is a digital coupon to save $0.75 on any ONE (1) Hillshire Farm Naturals® Black Forest Ham or Honey Roasted Ham available through the Just4U online portal. Expires 8/9/15. (While Supplies Last). You do have to register for Just4U first to get access to the coupon if you aren’t already a member.
When I arrived at the store, I first made my way to the back where the lunch meat is. It was easy to find the Hillshire Farm Naturals® Ham selections because there was this neat little sign right next to them letting guests know about the digital coupon at Just4U and their “Love It or We’ll Eat It” guarantee. After you’ve had a chance to try the Hillshire Farm Naturals® lunch meat, go to the “Love It or We’ll Eat It” landing page. Then let them know if you “Loved It” and they will donate a sandwich to someone in need. If you didn’t care for it then “They’ll Eat It” and send you a rebate to get your money back.
I decided to buy the Honey Roasted Ham variety and stopped in the produce section to pick up the rest of the items to make my Ham Salad Wraps.
- 4 Large Romaine Lettuce Leaves
- 2 Tbsps Italian Dressing
- 6 slices Hillshire Farm Naturals Honey Roasted Ham
- 1 Avocado, sliced
- 1 large carrot, spiralized, shredded or sliced
- 1 medium cucumber, spiralized or sliced
- 2 green onions, sliced
- For each wrap, take two of the lettuce leaves and place one length wise and the other width wise over top of it. Because of the ribs in the romaine when you roll it, the ribs will snap, having them doubled up the opposite way will ensure that if the lettuce tears it will still be supported by the other layer.
- Using a basting brush, spread 1 tbsp of the Italian Dressing on the lettuce leaves.
- Place 3 slices of the Hillshire Farm Naturals Honey Roasted Ham in the center of the leaves.
- Add ½ the avocado, carrot, cucumber and green onions.
- Roll the leaves up and secure with toothpicks or string until ready to eat. If taking these on the go keep them cool with an ice pack or thermal container.
Back in 1934, the founder of Hillshire Farm knew that quality was the most important ingredient in everything he made. So he partnered with the best farms. Chose the best cuts of meat. And perfected his craft of smoking, curing, roasting and seasoning. His legacy has been passed down from generation to generation.
A lot of us are looking for lunch meat that is minimally processed and Hillshire Farm Naturals lunch meats are 100% Natural with:
- No artificial ingredients (minimally processed), preservatives, or colors
- No added nitrates/nitrites. *Except for those naturally occurring in the celery juice powder
- 97% FAT FREE
- Gluten Free
What kind of ways do you use lunch meat to create “better for you” options for lunches or snacks?