Take this recipe from Country Crock® Spread to a Halloween party — everyone will love them!
- ¼ cup Country Crock® Spread
- 1 cup mini marshmallows
- 8 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 2 Tbsp. honey or corn syrup
- 5 cups toasted rice cereal
- 1 cup confectioners sugar
- 1½ tsp. lemon juice
- Green food coloring, black food coloring, chocolate sprinkles, white chocolate chips or other small white candies
- Melt Country Crock® Spread in large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add marshmallows; reduce heat to low and cook, stirring occasionally, until marshmallows are completely melted. Stir in chocolate and honey. Add cereal and stir until evenly coated.
- Press mixture into shallow baking pan. Refrigerate 10 minutes. Cut into bars.
- To make monsters, using whisk, combine confectioners sugar and lemon juice. Color some of the icing green adding a few drops of green food coloring and some black using black food coloring. (Add a few drops water if needed to create a spreadable consistency).
- Spread bars with green icing. Sprinkle tops of bars with chocolate sprinkles for "hair". Add white chocolate chips for "eyes". Spoon black icing into small zip-top bag. Cut small piece off 1 corner and pipe "pupils" and "mouths" onto monsters.
- TIP: Have fun decorating bars with colored fondants, melted chocolate and candies to create some great creepy
- decorations such as pumpkins, spider’s webs and tombstones.
Country Crock® is a buttery spread that’s a part of the good fat family and made with real, simple ingredients including delicious oils, purified water and a pinch of salt. Find more recipes using Country Crock® Spread on their website: http://www.countrycrock.com/campaigns/top-recipes/.