If you want to make the cutest Halloween recipe how about these mummy cookies for your parties or school function? This recipe is from Country Crock® Spread.
- ¾ cup sugar
- ½ cup Hellmann's® or Best Foods® Light Mayonnaise
- ½ cup Country Crock® Spread
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2¾ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 package (12 oz.) white chocolate morsels or prepared vanilla frosting
- Mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Beat sugar, Hellmann's® or Best Foods® Light Mayonnaise, Spread, egg and vanilla in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed, scraping sides occasionally, 2 minutes or until well blended. Reduce speed to low. Gradually beat in flour just until blended. Wrap dough in plastic wrap and refrigerate 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350°. Lightly spray cookie sheets with nonstick cooking spray; set aside.
- Roll dough into 36 (1-inch) balls, then form into baby carrot shape for body. Roll remaining dough into (1/2-inch) balls for head and press together with body. Arrange ''mummies'' on prepared baking sheets, 2 inches apart. Bake 18 to 20 minutes until bottoms are golden. Cool 2 minutes on wire rack; remove cookies from sheets and cool completely.
- Microwave white chocolate in microwave-safe bowl at MEDIUM-HIGH (70%) power for 1 minute; heat until melted and stir until smooth. Dip tops of cookies in white chocolate; arrange on wire rack set over aluminum foil to catch excess chocolate. Make ''bandage marks'' on the body using toothpick. Add morsels for ''eyes''. Cool completely before serving.
- TIP: To make coffin, “glue” long melba toasts together with additional melted white chocolate, cutting the toasts to fit short ends.
Country Crock® is a buttery spread that’s a part of the good fat family and made with real, simple ingredients including delicious oils, purified water and a pinch of salt. Check out more recipes on their site at http://www.countrycrock.com/campaigns/top-recipes/.