Market Street has sponsored this post, regardless the opinions are all my own.
Did you know that April is National Grilled Cheese Month? I know I’m a bit late to the party with this one, but there are a few days left to celebrate this auspicious occasion, especially if you are near a Market Street location. Until May 12th, Market Street is featuring special grilled cheese sandwiches on their sandwich bar.
The selection of cheese at Market Street means that you can channel your inner gourmet and make something that stands out above the crowd. I’m not joking when I say that I perused the cheeses in the deli cases for a good 20 minutes before deciding what to buy.
I got to sample some delectable cubes of Mustard Seed cheese and a Cheddar Apple blend caught my eye as well, but in the end I decided to go with a Muenster for my recipe. I love the personal service that Market Street offers as I requested the cheese sliced to order and they happily obliged me.
- 1 tbsp margarine
- whole wheat pita pocket
- 2 slices Muenster cheese
- cherry tomatoes, quartered
- baby arugula
- *optional* avocados, sliced
- Fold a cheese slice over and stuff it into the pita leaning it against one side. Add one quartered cherry tomato, if you are adding avocado slices insert a couple now, then fold over the other cheese slice against the opposite side.
- Melt, the butter in a skillet, then add the pita pocket to the skillet. Flip it after 1 ½ to 2 minutes and then watch the cheese for when it’s melty and gooey 🙂 That’s when you know it’s done.
- Remove from pan and add a few more tomatoes and top with the baby arugula.
I’m not sure my recipe is prize worthy (although it is certainly very tasty), but perhaps you have a signature grilled cheese recipe that is!
If you do, Market Street guests can submit their favorite grilled cheese recipe to the Recipe contest for a chance to win $15,000. You can enter at grilledcheeseacademy.com.
To learn more about #MarketStreetTx special events and promotions be sure to like them on Facebook, so you’ll always be in the know!