Decadent treats and wine. There isn’t much else I need to make a party festive 🙂 And while I like to entertain and provide great desserts and wine offerings to my guests, I’m neither a chef nor made of money. So this holiday season I welcomed the gift of some dessert and wine pairings from Pacific Rim Riesling wines and Sara Lee desserts. They are making holiday entertaining easy and fun!
With three varieties of Pacific Rim Riesling to choose from and a sampling of recipes, I decided to whip up some Cheesecake Truffles and serve them with the Sweet Riesling.
Easy Cheesecake Truffles
• 1 Sara Lee Original Cream Classic Cheesecake, slightly frozen
• 1 package of microwaveable chocolate coating
• Mini Cupcake Liners
1. With a spoon, or small scoop, remove filling from cheesecake and form into bite size balls. Place on Parchment or Wax paper.
2. Freeze formed balls for three hours or until firm.
3. Melt chocolate coating in the microwave as instructed
4. Dip balls into coating and return to paper. Freeze for 15 minutes. Remove from freezer and place in mini cupcake liners. Store in an air-tight container. Store in fridge or freezer until ready to serve. If you put them back in the freezer, remove 30 minutes before serving.
How easy but impressive – served with the Pacific Rim Sweet Riesling and your guests will be talking about how good they are all night long!
There are plenty of other ideas on Pacific Rim pairings with semi-homemade desserts you can make using Sara Lee Products.
I plan on trying out the Triple Berry Cheesecake Crumble to pair with the Dry Riesling and the Pound Cake “Mudslide” to eat alongside the Off-Dry Riesling. You can find these recipes and more on their website.
The desserts use affordable ingredients and the wines have an SRP of just $9.99. I love that I can entertain so easily and my friends and family have no idea my dessert was made with a short cut! Plus I don’t have to spend an arm and a leg to serve an impressive dessert and a good wine. You can find Pacific Rim Rieslings at your local grocery stores too, so you can get everything you need all in one place.
So this Holiday Season why not try a #RieslingToFeast ?!