Disclosure: I am a #CKMondaviAmbassador and #CKMondaviWines has sponsored this post. Any opinions are my own.
Tradition is something that truly makes Christmas special to me. My husband and I have each brought some holiday traditions to our marriage from our parents, and we’ve created some of our own with our daughter. Since we don’t live near family we spend most of our holidays with friends. Years ago we started a tradition of making our holiday meals with traditional flavors but with a twist.
A holiday meal, in my opinion, is not complete without a glass of wine next to it. And this year the inspiration for my ‘twist on the holiday dish’ came from CK Mondavi. CK Mondavi is a family winery, established in 1943, and has been creating ﬁne wines for four generations and has a passionate commitment to quality winemaking. They harvest their grapes at the peak of ripeness from prime California vineyards, including their family-owned vineyards, creating wines with fully developed ﬂavors.
Tradition + Flavor = the perfect recipe for holiday entertaining.
I did a dry run of our holiday meal earlier in the week. I’m so excited to make it again for when we celebrate Christmas with our friends. It is so festive!
- 9 cooked lasagna noodles
- 1 16 oz jar of Alfredo sauce
- 1 15 oz tub of Ricotta cheese
- 1 lb. of cooked turkey, chopped
- 1 10 oz package of frozen chopped spinach, thawed and patted dry
- 2 cups of shredded mozzarella cheese
- diced tomatoes
- Preheat oven to 350º F.
- Spread approximately 2 tablespoons of the Alfredo sauce on the bottom of a 9"x13" baking dish and layer 3 lasagna noodles. Spread ½ cup of Alfredo sauce over the noodles and then layer ½ of the Ricotta cheese, turkey and spinach. Top with 1⅓ cups of mozzarella cheese. Repeat.
- Layer the last three noodles on top, spread the remaining sauce on top, add as many diced tomatoes as you like and finish off with the remaining mozzarella cheese.
- Cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes. Remove foil, bake for another 15 minutes and if desired then broil just until the cheese is golden and bubbly.
- Let rest for 5 minutes and then cut and serve.
The colors of the season make this such a pretty meal. It’s also great to make with holiday leftovers! Substitute the turkey for ham if that’s on the menu instead 🙂
CK Mondavi’s Chardonnay pairs perfectly with this lasagna. It is a medium-bodied wine with a hint of oak. Aromas of lemon and citrus combined with flavors of apple and pear lead to a delightfully crisp finish.
Although I love making a whole meal, holiday entertaining doesn’t have to be a big extravaganza. Invite some friends over, light a fire, turn on some music and pass around some wine and cheese. When serving, remember that expensive does not necessarily equal excellent. CK Mondavi is perfect to stock up on for holiday entertaining because it’s not just exceptional 100% American grown and produced wine, it’s also very affordable at a suggested retail price of $6.99 a bottle.
Chardonnay goes well with Brie, Cabernet Sauvignon with cheddar and pair up some Scarlet Five to bring out the flavor of Gouda or Camembert.
Look for CK Mondavi’s special holiday promotions on their wine bottles in stores now through January 31, 2017. You can receive $1 off PRÉSIDENT® Brie, $1 off RONDELÉ® BY PRÉSIDENT® and $1 off any crackers now through January 31, 2017. Just in time for holiday entertaining.
For more information on PRÉSIDENT® Brie & RONDELÉ® BY PRÉSIDENT® visit : http://presidentcheese.com/products/brie-cheese/president-brie-round, http://presidentcheese.com/products/cheese-spreads/rondele-president-organic-garlic-herbs/
And who wouldn’t want to win a wine country weekend in Napa?! (I know I would!!). The sweepstakes ends 12/31/16 so get those entries in by texting CKMONDAVI to 31279 to enter.
Ring in a #CKMondaviHoliday with this lasagna and some of their wines! You never know what’s under the Mistletoe! But please enjoy CK Mondavi wines responsibly. 🙂
You can connect with CK Mondavi online in the following places –