There’s nothing tastier than rich and creamy Mac and Cheese. Although some eat it as a side dish, it’s always a main course around our home. But when I’m trying to lose some weight, the fat and calories that come with that go-to comfort-food is not on the menu. Luckily, I was forwarded this twist of Healthy Cauliflower Mac and Cheese from nutritionist and fitness guru Sloane Davis, that allows an indulgence in the craving without tempting the weight-gain.
- 1 pound (about a head) cauliflower
- 1 cup 2% Shredded Mexican Cheese
- 2 ounces 0% Plain Greek Yogurt
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- Garlic powder
- Break cauliflower into bite sized pieces
- Either steam on stove top or place in microwave for about 8 minutes.
- Combine yogurt, mustard and ½ the cheese
- Add the salt, pepper and garlic powder to taste
- Place in a casserole and top with the remaining cheese
- Bake on 350 for about 10 minutes or until the cheese is melted.
*For a quicker version and to cut back on time, combine all the cheese if you don’t want to bake it in the casserole (just as good both ways). Mix and serve.
To make it a protein packed meal add 93% lean chopped meat.
Sloane Davis is a mother of two, and throughout her 30’s and 40’s she starved herself so that the scale read a certain number. Hungry, unhappy and deprived, in her 40’s she decided to end the obsession with food, intense cardio and transition her mind and body – and did it work! See her profile in PEOPLE.com and connect with Davis on Pancakes And Push Ups.
Davis is also offering a free 2 week trial program of her individualized nutrition and customized workouts (which are NOT cardio intense).Go to: https://pancakesandpush-ups.