Still need to bake something for a Christmas Eve or Day gathering? Here is a recipe that is sure to be a favorite. If you are a fan of a peppermint mocha coffee, then COOKINA’s recipe for Gooey Chewy Double Chocolate Chip Candy Cane Cookies is made for you! Combining the rich flavor of not only chocolate cookies, but added chocolate chips and sweet mint flavor, these cookies are like a present for your tastebuds.
- 1 cup Salted butter, softened
- 1 cup White Sugar
- 1 cup Brown sugar
- 2 Eggs, room temperature
- 2 tsp Vanilla
- 3 cups All-purpose flour
- 1 tsp Baking soda
- 2 tsp Hot water
- 1 cup Milk chocolate chips
- 1 cup Semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup Candy cane/or peppermint candy pieces
- Preheat oven to 350 F (175ºC)
- Cream the butter, white sugar and brown sugar on medium/high speed until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, incorporating after each addition. Dissolve the baking soda in the hot water, then mix into the batter with the vanilla and salt. Stir in flour, chocolate chips and candy pieces. Drop large spoonfuls or scoops onto a baking pan lined with a COOKINA® Cuisine Reusable Baking Sheet, spacing cookies 2” apart.
- Bake on the middle rack, in a preheated oven for 10-13 minutes or until edges are golden.
- Let cookies cool on wire rack and enjoy!
Recipe provided courtesy of COOKINA® – www.cookina.co
2 thoughts on “Gooey Chewy Double Chocolate Chip Candy Cane Cookies”
Sounds good will have to add this to my christmas cookies next year.