Saying technology has made our lives easier is an understatement. It has completely revolutionized how we think about our time, our habits, and our hobbies. There’s almost nothing we do today that is not touched by technology somehow. However, due to how fast technological innovations are moving along, most people find it difficult to harness all of its potentials because they just can’t keep up. This article will introduce you to some new ways tech can make your life easier.
Daily, at work, at the gym, when studying, we do a myriad of repetitive and mindless tasks. Be it responding to generic emails from your boss, looking over scientific journals and trying to keep up with the latest journals in your field, or keeping up with how many calories you eat and what are your macros for the gym. Without technology, each of these tasks could take anywhere from half an hour to a quarter of the day. Meanwhile, using automation, you can deal with all these challenges quickly and save a lot of time.
- You can create a tool that automatically checks your favorite scientists, news outlets, and journals and creates an automatic feed for you. You won’t need to check ten sources to ensure you keep up with all the latest news in your field, but rather, you can do that by checking the feed. This is the idea behind Twitter, RSS feeds, and other tools.
- Now, e-mail services like Gmail use complex machine learning algorithms to understand the emails you receive and prepare standard replies for you. It is getting so good that most of the time, you’ll just need to click on one of the standard replies Gmail has prepared for you without taking the time to type out a response. This is another great time saver if you use emails often.
- There are tools that keep track of every calorie you eat and based on the food, they can automatically calculate your macros. You’ll know exactly how much protein, fat, and carbohydrates you’ve consumed. You no longer need to keep detailed reports and notes, the programs will automatically generate it for you. Thanks to technology, it is much easier to stay fit nowadays.
If you’re thinking about making use of excellent software programs to automate your daily tasks, maybe you should hire a software agency to help you develop the program. An experienced agency like cshark.com will help you get the most out of automation and
make your work-life sufficiently easier.
Speech-to-text computer programs are perhaps one of the most important programs in the world that no one is paying attention to. Thanks to highly complex algorithms, computers are getting really good at recognizing voices and converting it to text. There are so many benefits, it is hard to count:
- Disabled people will have a much easier time: an algorithm being able to convert all voices in real-time to text will significantly improve the quality of life of deaf people. They’ll be able to read what people are saying to them, they’ll be able to watch movies on their phones without needing to look up subtitles (if it even exists), etc. Just in the United States alone, there are more than 10 million deaf people, and they’ll all have their lives changed thanks to this technology.
- Aside from that, others can benefit from this technology in a few ways. When you’re outside, it is too loud, and you want to check something in a video. You can easily do that now. Also, if you’ve ever wanted to learn a foreign language, you know how important it is to have subtitles to help your hearing comprehension along, and speech-to-text is an invaluable tool that you can use to do just that.
Wouldn’t it be great if computers could predict what we want and are interested in? Well, they are starting to be able to do just that, and it is going to make our lives substantially better.
- Search engines are, by now, masters in predicting what people are searching for. Whether you misspell something, partially remember something, or have a vague idea what you’re looking for, chances are Google will be able to direct you towards the exact thing you need. This is thanks to the algorithms Google uses to help it understand your behavior.
- What news stories are you interested in? Which of your friends do you like to keep up with? Social media platforms now are able to predict what kind of notifications to send you and when exactly to send it to you. You’ll get notified when a friend you care about uploads something and you’ll get notified when an interesting news story gets reported on.
- Even coolers are starting to learn our habits. Spending more energy to keep everything as cool as we like them when there is a bigger chance of us drinking something. This means our equipment can save a lot of energy by predicting when we’ll need them. You can check out the best soft coolers to see the new features that possible due to our technological advances.