These Salted Caramel Chocolate Cheesecake Bars are an easy sweet and decadent dessert to make for your next gathering.
(1) 8 to 10 oz package of chocolate wafer cookies (we took chocolate sandwich cookies apart and ditched the cream centers)
⅓ cup sugar
½ cup of unsalted butter, melted
(2) 8oz packages of cream cheese, at room temperature
3 large eggs
(1) 14oz can of sweetened condensed milk
8oz of salted caramel yogurt
3 oz caramel chips melted
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
4oz of caramel topping
4oz semi-sweet chocolate chips
2 Tbsp butter
1 tsp light corn syrup
2 Tbsp sour cream
1) Crust: Heat oven to 300° F. Crush chocolate cookies and sugar in a food processor or in a zipbag with a rolling pin, to form a fine crumb mixture. Put crumbs in a medium bowl and mix in the melted butter. Press the buttered crumbs into the bottom of a 9×13 inch baking dish.
2) Filling: With a mixer, beat the cream cheese in a large bowl until fluffy, about 3 minutes. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating until combined. Beat in the condensed milk and yogurt. Then the vanilla and caramel chips & topping, scraping down the sides as needed, until the mixture is smooth.
3) Pour the filling over the crust and bake until set about 35-45 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool for 30 minutes.
4) Glaze: In a small saucepan, melt the chocolate, butter and corn syrup over medium heat for about 2 minutes. Stir until smooth. Remove from heat and then stir in the sour cream.
5) Spread the glaze evenly over the cooled bars and let cool completely. Cut into 24 pieces.
For another fantastic chocolate layered treat check out our Nanaimo Bar Recipe.