We received branded merchandise and resources to stream Rogue One thanks to Disney Home Entertainment. Any opinions stated in regards to Rogue One are our own and were not influenced by items we may have received. If you saw all the Star Wars paraphernalia in our home you’d see we could open up a small museum 😉
It’s no secret to those who know us that Star Wars is a pretty big deal around our home. From the originals to the new ones, each movie has been watched over and over and over (and over and over) again. The members of our household have different views on who exactly should be running the galaxy though. Some think that crushing the masses through force and Stormtroopers is the way to go (*cough* my husband and daughter *cough*). Others feel that the rebellion and the Jedi defying the Empire will bring peace and balance to the galaxy (*cough* me).
So it was with great pleasure when I found out that I’d be a part of #TeamRebel for last weekend’s Rebel vs. Empire ROGUE ONE Twitter party. While taking part in the ROGUE ONE live streaming Twitter party, it was the third time we were seeing the movie, and I have to say it is still amongst the best movies we’ve ever watched.
Watching the movie at the same time of dozens of other bloggers and tweeting together was such a fun way to view it. Of course I was ready for the Twitter battle between Rebel and Empire, since I live it at home 😉 The conflict was much friendlier between my peers than on screen LOL, but in the end I do believe that #TeamRebel was declared the winner of the Twitter party (no surprise there right, the rebellion always seems to come out ahead of the Empire, even if it’s only for a little while).
“Rogue One: A Star Wars Story,” is the first all-new epic stand alone Star Wars story adventure.
In a time of conflict, a group of unlikely heroes band together on a mission to steal the plans to the Death Star, the Empire’s ultimate weapon of destruction. This key event in the Star Wars timeline brings together ordinary people who choose to do extraordinary things, and in doing so, become part of something greater than themselves.
This movie comes to you with all the expectations of what you know and love about Star Wars; the fervor of the Rebellion, their hunger for justice, strong characters, their deadpan humor and a great soundtrack. You watch the movie as if you’re right there alongside these characters, but suddenly events aren’t quite how you thought they would go down, and if you have any kind of emotions you just might be pulling out a handkerchief.
The masterfulness of having a Star Wars story that stands by itself, but still entwined in the Star Wars galaxy was superbly done. Bravo to the entire team en masse for seamlessly bringing old and new together.
Although if you’ve already seen Rogue One, you know all of that. And if you haven’t, well read on to find out how YOU can view Rogue One: A Star Wars Story in your home AND on the go.
For the Twitter party, we were provided with a Roku Streaming Stick and a digital movie of Rogue One from Movies Anywhere. It’s easy to use and the best part is once you have the digital movie, you can watch your … Movies Anywhere! (an apt name for this service obviously!) Also a great perk to purchasing your movie digitally is that it usually is released sooner than the DVD. Rogue One was released a full 11 days before the DVD will land in stores!
You don’t miss out on the bonus content either. Never-before- seen “Rogue One” bonus material will take fans behind the scenes with the movie’s diverse, dynamic cast and inspired team of filmmakers. An intimate collection of stories reveals how the film came to life, as well as hidden Easter Eggs and film facts that audiences may have missed in the theater.
Bonus features include*:
• A Rogue Idea – Hear how ILM’s John Knoll came up with the movie’s concept – and why it’s the right film to launch the Star Wars stand-alone films.
• Jyn: The Rebel – Get to know Rogue One’s defiant, resourceful survivor, and hear what it was like for Felicity Jones to bring her to life onscreen.
• Cassian: The Spy – Diego Luna shares insights into his complex, driven character, who becomes a hero through selflessness, perseverance and passion.
• K-2SO: The Droid – Explore the development of this reprogrammed Imperial droid, from initial pitch and character design through Alan Tudyk’s performance.
• Baze & Chirrut: Guardians of the Whills – Go deeper into the relationship between these two very different characters, with Chinese superstars Jiang Wen and Donnie Yen.
• Bodhi & Saw: The Pilot & The Revolutionary – Forest Whitaker and Riz Ahmed reflect on Saw Gerrera, the broken Rebel leader, and Bodhi Rook, the Imperial pilot who defects.
• The Empire – Meet a dangerous new Imperial adversary…and cross paths once more with the most iconic villain of all time.
• Visions of Hope: The Look of “Rogue One” – The filmmakers describe the challenges and thrills of developing a bold new look for the movie that can fit within the world of the original trilogy.
• The Princess & The Governor – See what it took to bring the vibrant young princess of “Star Wars: A New Hope” – as well as one of her most memorable foes – back to the screen.
• Epilogue: The Story Continues – Filmmakers and cast celebrate Rogue One’s premiere and look forward into the future, to the Star Wars stories yet to be told.
• Rogue Connections – Uncover Easter eggs and film facts hidden throughout the movie that connect “Rogue One” to the Star Wars universe.
* Digital bonus offerings may vary by retailer.
If you’re not ready to jump on the digital bandwagon quite yet, you have to wait a few more days but will be able to purchase the Rogue One Blu-ray™ Combo Pack or DVD on April 4th. If you aren’t committed to owning it (but if your family is like my family you’ll want to watch it again and again and… again!) April 4th is also the date you’ll be able to view it On-Demand.
Disney has done extraordinary things with the Star Wars franchise and we’ll be watching the adventures of Jyn, Cassian, Baze, Chirrut, Bodhi and K-2SO many times to tide us over until the Last Jedi is released 😉
Have you seen the Rogue One yet? Did you love it as much as I did? Have you bought a digital copy for your personal viewing (if not.. why not?!)? Tell us in the comments below.