I love this quote by Alex Haley
“Nobody can do for little children what grandparents do. Grandparents sort of sprinkle stardust over the lives of little children.”
Pretty true, at least in the case of my family. Both sets of my grandparents were like that and my daughter has had some pretty special grandparents in her life as well.
Did you know that grandparents’ day is September 13, 2015? Here’s the story. Back in 1970, Marian McQuade, a West Virginia housewife, came up with the idea of a day set aside to encourage families to visit their elderly relatives. With a firm resolve to make it happen, she began lobbying policymakers. McQuade got through to her Senators, Jennings Randolph and Robert Byrd, who introduced a resolution to make Grandparents’ Day a national holiday. It took a while to reach the White House, but finally, in 1978, the resolution declaring National Grandparents’ Day as the first Sunday after Labor Day, was signed into law by President Jimmy Carter.
Bottom line, observe National Grandparents’ Day with appropriate pomp and circumstance. And gifts. One always needs to include a gift.
What better way to show grandma and grandpa that you love and appreciate them than with a Grandparents’ Day Gift Basket* from GourmetBaskets.com?!This gorgeous arrangement is full of irresistible gourmet foods. Inside a classic picnic basket is an artful arrangement of fresh orchard fruits, classic Vermont cheddar cheese, and savory treats, creating a thoughtful gift that’s perfect for showing your grandparent just how much they mean to you!Ingredients:
· Fresh Orchard Fruits
· Hors D’oeuvre Deli Style Crackers by Partners – 4.9 oz.
· Classic Vermont Sharp Cheddar Cheese by Cabot – 8 oz.
· Fuji Apple Crunch Dried Fruit by Sensible Foods – 12 g
· Smoked Sausage by Northwoods – 7 oz.
· Chichester Snack Mix by Merrimack Valley Snack Company – 2 oz.
· Roasted and Salted Peanuts by J&R Gourmet – 2 oz.
· Pretzel Twists by Auntie Trudie’s – 3 oz.
· (5) Assorted Hard Candies by Hillside CandyWith Grandparents’ Day fast approaching, you may be overwhelmed with the possibilities of what to get the grandparents in your family’s lives for this special day. Instead of searching through stores or websites of generic gifts, turn to GourmetGiftBaskets.com to purchase a gift basket perfect for their tastes.
*Media sample received for the purpose of this post.