Matcha, the major industry trend, is here to stay! With benefits including a sustained energy boost, loads of antioxidants, a “calm-alertness” thanks to an amino acid called L-Theanine, increased metabolism, and a caffeine hit without the jittery after-effect, Matcha will be your go-to ingredient this fall.
Whether you’re grabbing it on-the-go or curled up at home, below is a delicious fancy Matcha Donuts recipe to keep you sated this fall season, courtesy of Terra’s Kitchen.
Easy Fancy Matcha Donuts
Servings: Makes 12 donuts
- 12 store bought plain cake donuts
- 3 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Matcha powder
- Edible petals/flowers (violas, lilac, blueberry, carnation, nasturtium, marigold, bachelor button, chive)*
- White sugar pearls
- Chocolate dipped pretzels
- Edible Gold (if you want to be super fancy)
Make the glaze:
- Add the powdered sugar to a medium mixing bowl.
- Whisk in the milk and extract until smooth.
- Divide the glaze between 3 bowls. Leave 1/3 of the glaze white.
- Mix in just enough Matcha powder to the second bowl to make a pale green glaze.
- Mix in enough Matcha powder to the third bowl to make a darker green glaze.
- Cover the pale green and dark green glazes with plastic wrap (pushing against the glaze to keep from crusting over).
Dip and decorate the donuts:
- Working with one color of glaze at a time (white first) dip 4 of the donuts into the glaze and rest on a drying rack.
- Working while the glaze is still wet, decorate each donut with the flowers*, sprinkles, chocolate dipped pretzels and edible gold.
- Repeat the process with the remaining two colors of glaze.
YouTube Video: Link
*Go sparingly on the edible flowers…a little flower petal goes a long way!
1 thought on “Easy Fancy Matcha Donuts”
Almost to pretty to eat.