Everyone’s favorite chocolate sandwich cookies are a part of this easy and affordable homemade fudge treat.
Cookies & Cream Fudge
• 30 Chocolate Sandwich Cookies
• 16 ounces white chocolate chips
• 1 (14-ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
1. Line an 8×8 inch square baking dish with parchment paper with extra to go over the sides of the dish.
2. Crush the cookies into chunky pieces.
3. In an non-stick pot over low heat, stir together the sweetened condensed milk and white chocolate chips until the chips are melted. About 5 to 7 minutes. If you don’t have or care to use a non-stick pot, you can use a double boiler method to make the fudge base.
4. Take 2 cups of the crushed cookies and fold it into the fudge mixture. Pour it into the lined parchment dish. Spread it evenly. Take the remaining cookies and press them into the fudge mixture. *Refrigerate until firm. Cut into 36 pieces for serving.
* Please be aware that the mixture will still be hot, and therefore the bottom of your baking dish might also be retaining a lot of heat. I made sure to put my dish on a cork trivet prior to placing it in the fridge to solidify as I didn’t want to take the chance of the dish or my shelf cracking.
Original recipe from Family Fun magazine, February 2014 issue.