This is an ad for Walt Disney Studios
That’s right! After years of fans waiting, the folks at Disney are releasing The Little Mermaid to the Walt Disney Signature Collection On Digital 2/12/19 and 4K Ultra HD™ and Blu-ray™ on 2/26/19!
It even includes a fin-tastic sing-along mode along with over 45 minutes of exciting new bonus features. I am so glad they included the sing-along mode in this Walt Disney Signature Collection release, there is a reason The Little Mermaid won an Academy Award for Best Music, Original Score, it’s because the music is amazing. Now you can bust out “Part of Your World” and all of the other catchy and fun songs without stumbling over the words in the comfort of your own home instead of on the Karaoke stage 😉
I love The Little Mermaid, it’s one of my all time favorite Disney movies, it’s been 30 YEARS since The Little Mermaid was first released in theaters. (I am legit feeling quite old right now as I remember going to see it when I was in high school!)
In order to celebrate this release, we were sent a special pre-show package so we could get our singing voices warmed up and ready to sing-along with all our “Under the Sea” favorites. In another life I was totally born to be a mermaid, I just know it 😉 !
We had great fun with these FREE Downloadable Activity Sheets before we watched the movie. Just click on the coloring sheet of Ariel below to go to the PDF Activity Pack.
This Mermaid Bark was an unbelievable treat…
but not suitable for a dinglehopper HA HA!
While this sugary sweet confection was specially branded for The Little Mermaid Anniversary Edition, send me an e-mail if you’d like to know more about it, I may be able direct you to a source 😉
I wanted to make some colorful aquatic type beverage to go alongside our mermaid bark, but my daughter insisted that mermaids drink…water.. DUH, Mom. Well then. At least we had some suitable hydration to sooth our vocal chords when we were done 😉
Based on Hans Christian Andersen’s classic fairy tale about a beautiful mermaid princess who dreams of becoming human, “The Little Mermaid” was directed by John Musker and Ron Clements (“Aladdin”). It features the voice talents of Jodi Benson (“Toy Story 2,” “Toy Story 3”) as Ariel, Pat Carroll (“Laverne & Shirley”) as Ursula, Samuel E. Wright (Broadway’s “The Lion King”) as Sebastian, Christopher Daniel Barnes (“The Brady Bunch Movie”) as Eric, Kenneth Mars (“Young Frankenstein”) as Triton, Buddy Hackett (“The Music Man”) as Scuttle, Jason Marin (“Back to the Future”) as Flounder and René Auberjonois (“The Patriot”) as Chef Louis. The film was originally released in theaters on Nov. 15, 1989 and is the 28th film from Walt Disney Animation Studios, and the first in what many described as a new Disney animation renaissance.
I’m still impressed by the art direction and design of this movie even 30 years later. Of course the 4K Ultra HD™ and Blu-ray™ definitely kicks it up a notch. In my opinion, it provides a whole new depth and realism to the movie.
Do you think that because you’re an adult you’ve ‘been there, seen that,’ when it comes to “The Little Mermaid”? Then guess again! — The Little Mermaid Anniversary Edition has never-before-seen bonus features bring legendary composer Alan Menken and some of Disney’s most recognizable leading ladies together around a piano to reminisce, sing and celebrate “The Little Mermaid.” The latest installment of “Stories from Walt’s Office” compares Walt and Ariel’s love of collecting treasures. Viewers will also receive an inside look at the “The Little Mermaid” cast in their original recording sessions, explore hidden treasures and fun facts from the film, and enjoy a special performance of “Part of Your World” by a cappella singing sensation DCapella.Plus, fans will have access to hours of additional classic bonus features! Check out what’s available in the different formats:
ALL-NEW BONUS FEATURES: *
BLU-RAY & DIGITAL
- Sing-Along Mode – Sing along to the movie in this sing-along version of the film.
- Alan Menken & the Leading Ladies Song – From the voice of a mermaid to the tunes of a muse, the music of Alan Menken has scored the soundtrack for some of Disney’s most iconic leading ladies. Join Alan, Jodi Benson (Ariel), Paige O’Hara (Belle), Judy Kuhn (Pocahontas Singing Voice), Lillias White (Calliope) and Donna Murphy (Mother Gothel)as we celebrate the music of their films in honor of the one that started it all … “The Little Mermaid.” In this discussion, the ladies will share their memories of musically creating their characters with Alan, discuss what it means to be part of the Disney Princess/leading lady legacy and create new memories as they sing with Alan around a baby grand piano.
- “What I Want From You…Is YOUR VOICE” – Enter the recording studio and get an inside look at the cast of “The Little Mermaid” in their original recording sessions.
- Stories From Walt’s Office – Gadgets & Gizmos – Like Ariel, Walt Disney was a collector of many different things from miniatures to early mechanical characters that inspired the invention of audio-animatronics. We take a look at some the collections that Walt kept in his office in the third episode of this series.
- #TreasuresUntold – Join Ruby Rose Turner and Olivia Sanabia from the Disney Channel Original Series “Coop and Cami Ask the World” as they take a deep dive to explore some hidden treasures and fun facts about Disney’s “The Little Mermaid.”
- DCapella “Part of Your World” Music Video
- Classic Bonus Features – revisit four exciting bonus features from previous releases including:
- Deleted Character: Harold The Merman
- Under The Scene: The Art Of Live Action Reference
- Howard’s Lecture
- Audio Commentary With Ron Clements, John Musker and Alan Menken
- “Part of Your World” – A 30-Year Retrospective – Songwriter Alan Menken and Jodi Benson, the acting and singing voice of Ariel, sing the epitome of Disney “I Want” songs “Part of Your World” and discuss its impact since it was first heard 30 years ago.
- Classic Bonus Features – Over 3 additional hours of previously released classic bonus features including Deleted Scenes, Easter Eggs, Music Videos and more!
*Bonus features may vary by retailer
The magical, musical tale of mermaid princess Ariel—along with lovable sidekicks Sebastian and Flounder (these guys are my FAVORITE! They are so humorous!), and the love-to-hate sea witch Ursula—is shore to (see what we did there?! LOL) make a splash with all generations when it comes home for the first time Digitally in HD, 4K Ultra HD™ and Movies Anywhere on Feb. 12, and on 4K Ultra HD and Blu-ray™ on Feb. 26. So grab your snarfblat and join in the fun today!