Here’s a great healthy and green way to kick off your St. Patrick’s Day! My cousin re-vamped a recipe from The Chic Life – and said they were awesome, everybody in my family loved them!! Success!!!
Spinach Banana Muffins – Yields 6
1 cup whole wheat flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/3 cup palm sugar
2 tablespoons olive oil
1/4 cup yogurt
1 teaspoon lemon zest
1/4 cup mashed banana (1 medium banana)
1 cup packed baby spinach leaves
1/4 cup chopped walnuts
1. Preheat oven to 180C (350F). Grease or line muffin tin.
2. In a large bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
3. In another bowl, whisk together, sugar and egg until creamy. Stir in oil, yogurt, lemon zest and banana.
4. In a food processor, blend the spinach leaves until finely chopped.
5. Fold chopped spinach and walnuts into the batter, leaving some of the walnut aside. Fill batter into prepared muffin tin. Garnish each muffin with the remaining walnuts. Bake for 22 – 25 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
var idcomments_post_id = ‘0126’
var idcomments_post_url = ‘http://www.threedifferentdirections.com/blog/st-patricks-day-breakfast-spinach-banana-muffins.html';