White Chicken Chili
I wanted to find a great, healthy recipe for a winter day. I found this in the Campbell’s Kitchen, and it’s one of the yummiest chili recipes I have ever made. Also excellent garnished with avocado and green onions!
YIELDS 5 servings
Vegetable cooking spray
1 large onion, diced (about 1 cup)
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1 tablespoon chili powder
1 can (12.5 ounces) Swanson's White Chunk Chicken Breast
1 small can (about 15 ounces) white beans
1 medium red pepper, diced (about 1 cup)
1 cup Swanson's Chicken Broth
1 can (about 4 ounces) chopped green chiles
Shredded Cheddar cheese
1 can Petite Diced Tomatoes ( to add a bit of color)
1. Spray a 2-quart saucepan with cooking spray and heat over medium heat for 1 minute.
2. Add the onion and cook for 3 minutes or until it's tender. Stir the cumin and chili powder in the saucepan.
3. Stir the chicken, beans, pepper, broth and chiles in the saucepan. Heat to a boil.
4. Reduce the heat to low and cook for 15 minutes.
5. Sprinkle with the cheese and serve immediately.
6. Goes well with hot buttered corn bread!
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License.